Leavenworth Soccer Association Members, June 26, 2020
Although LSA is following all national, state, county and Kansas Youth Soccer Association guidance and taking many steps to protect the health and safety of our players and volunteers, we need to prepare to work with the Leavenworth County Health Department on any reported active symptom Covid-19 cases as our members and the community continue to return to play, school, and work. Coaches will be taking attendance at practice and games.
Please note that due to privacy laws LSA will report information to the Health Department in relation to positive cases of COVID-19 to assist with contact tracing. Here are how positive cases will be managed and communicated:
• When notified of a player or volunteer who has tested positive, LSA will provide the appropriate team’s attendance and contact roster so that the health department can initiate contact tracing and connect with anyone the person identifies as a close contact.
o Those identified by the health department as close contacts (direct and prolonged) will be asked to remain home for 14 days with self-monitoring.
o If you are not identified as a close contact by the local health department, you have no special precautions to take and will not be contacted. The CDC defines close contact as within 6 feet for longer than 15 minutes, 48 hours prior to when symptoms first started with the infected individual.
• Volunteers (Coaches, Team Managers, Board Members), families of players, or players who test positive for COVID-19 must self-isolate at home until they have fully recovered and have been fever-free for at least three days.
• LSA will not send a communication each time a positive case occurs. You will be contacted by the health department only if you are identified through contact tracing as having come into close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
To all of our LSA association members and their families:
• Please protect the anonymity of the individuals who test positive for COVID-19. If you are aware of their identities, please respect their privacy, so they can focus fully on their health and the care they need. Abide by all laws related to personal health information (HIPAA) and expectations for the responsible use of social media.
• Please take extra care to practice exemplary personal hygiene, and take personal accountability for protecting yourself and others.
O Wash your hands often, or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
O Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others.
O Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
O Cover coughs and sneezes.
O Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and put distance between yourself and other people.
• Monitor your health. If you are experiencing signs or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with the virus, do not come to or remain near practice or games. Contact your health care provider immediately.
• If you test positive for coronavirus immediately notify the Leavenworth Health Department 913-250-2000. Additionally, if you are positive and experiencing active symptoms contact LSA by emailing [email protected]
LSA Board of Directors